Monday, April 12, 2010

22 WEEKS!

Thank God we made it this far! I've been hearing/seeing a lot of sadness around me, related to friends who've recently had a loss, or their baby has come early, etc. My biggest fears are reality for some people and I am praying we don't experience something like that. The doctor was confused last time I saw her, and she mentioned something about me funneling. She explained what that was (when the cervix weakens) and said she thought the HR doctor's report said I had some funneling, but not to worry since it was in my right uterus. She then said, "You're carrying the baby in the left uterus, so it shouldn't matter." She's wrong! I am carrying the baby in the right uterus! I corrected her, then she sent me off to have the rest of my anatomy scan done, which concluded I was not having any funneling. So, since I was 20 weeks, I've known a word I wish I didn't! I'm annoyed that she was confused as to which side I'm carrying him on. Is it that hard to check your chart? You don't freak out a pregnant girl who cannot smoke, drink OR take Ativan for anxiety, lol. I feel great though, minus the occasional heartburn.  Sometimes, he sits so low that it feels really weird and that worries me, but I've just gotten used to it and I'm sure he's fine. I've started feeling more and more kicks on the outside! He's getting so strong.


My next appointment is Tuesday, so hopefully everything is going well.


How far along? 22 w 1 day
Weight gain/loss: I've stopped weighing  myself. Last I checked, I was 172. I almost cried.
Maternity clothes? yes! I just bought a bunch of shorts, that aren't so fug.
Stretch marks? Nope. My belly is itching a lot though.
Sleep?  I've been doing lots of that.
Best moment this week? Feeling him on the outside! DH was so excited!
Movement: He's moving constantly it seems. He normally isn't so active in the am. I have started feeling him move more in the am than ever, though. Starts around 9?
Food cravings: I was craving shaved ice like crazy. Still sounds great. I don't know... I feel like I don't have them often. Except for Pepsi. Ahh, Pepsi always sounds fabulous. I hated pepsi before, lol.
Gender: BOY!
Belly button in or out? in but now it's like, flush, against my belly.
What I miss? A bra that fits appropriately, still.
What I am looking forward to? Making it to 24 weeks! 
Milestones: feeling the outside kick, for both myself and DH!

No comments: