Monday, December 21, 2009

6 week update!


I was beyond excited to be 6 weeks Saturday! I had a good weekend. Saturday, I went to a company Christmas party with a friend. I happened to know tons of people there, so I had a great time. I danced like I was 21 again, lol. I might as well, won't be long before I can't!

Sunday, our church did a candle light ceremony, and we took communion. We don't take it at every service. Of course, I cried like a baby, as usual. Church does that to me all the time, pregnant or not.

Last night, I had to a birthday party and decided to shop at Target until 10:30 last night, lol.
I came home and exhausted myself wrapping presents until 1 am. I could barely stay awake at 10, no clue how I pushed on through until 1. Then, I peed one last time. And there it was. Pink. Very light, but still there and still pink.

I immediately, got up and turned off the lights, tv, etc. I didn't clean up the mess on the floor, put away any presents, etc. I climbed in the bed and told DH. It took forever to fall asleep, of course. Who can sleep with all of that on my mind? I just prayed that I wouldn't be going through this again, especially so soon. Then, I prayed that things would be okay and hoped that was in God's will. Everything works for His purpose. I was up several times, and had to pee a million times this am. I had brown spotting, every time I wiped. DH had to tell his boss, so he could have the day off. I think he felt some relief telling someone at work. I don't know why he acts like he hasn't told anyone, because he's told 6 to 8 of his friends. He follows it up with, AML is going to be furious! I'm in trouble! lol. He's just excited... his own words :)

We get to the doctor and I wasn't as scared as last time. I don't know why. I kept telling Dh not to expect to see anything other than a fetal pole. I figured we wouldn't be as far a long as they predicted.

The tech saw the gestational sac and we were so relieved! THEN, she said-- look at this! I saw my baby. Brand new and amazing! DH jumped up when she said see that heartbeat? He said, is that it? Is that really what we are seeing? A heartbeat!? Then, she turned up the volume so we could hear it. Then I coughed, lol. That was loud, ha!

She showed it to us twice, then told me she could see old blood in there. No biggie. She basically said, if it runs down your leg, you've got problems. Gross, I know.

The doctor says I am really 3 days away from being 6 weeks, but we aren't changing my EDD. Everything looks good and we are keeping my appointment on the 4th. Yay! We get to see the pea again in 2 weeks. I'm elated! DH is plain out afraid. He felt faint, nauseas, and overwhelmed. He says he's so afraid. He said he didn't know what to expect to see in there. He's never been to an appt. with me, even when I m/c. It all happened so quickly. Anyway, that alone was a huge deal to him. He's the squeamish type, but wasn't really freaked out by anything other than being a new father!

Anyway, Praise God! He is so amazing! I'm so grateful for this child. I'm so glad everything was okay. So, here's a pic of our little pea!


1 comment:

Kristin said...

Your little pea is beautiful :) So glad everything is okay! God is good!!