Sunday, December 13, 2009

5 weeks!

Hello! So, I am so confused. I feel pregnant and then I don't. I don't use the bathroom as much as I was. My boobs stopped hurting this morning, but they are tender again now. I feel a slight bit of nausea, hardly worth mentioning. I only feel fat. I was a bit bigger than I wanted to be anyway. I prefer to be around 135, but I've only been that thin twice in 5 years? 145-147 is my "usual". I read something about a women who was having twinges in her right pelvic area. Another bumpie told her she had the same thing, but it turned out to be ectopic. So naturally, I couldn't sleep last night. I was convinced that Monday morning, I was going to demand to see what's going on and make sure everything is okay. I'm just so afraid that I'll go in and I'm not as far along as I think. I'm sure I'm not, but we'll see on the 4th. I'm so grateful, obviously, that I haven't seen any bleeding. I didn't even make it this far last time I was pregnant. Anyway, I stole this from Mrs. Gardner!

Weekly Quiz
  • How far along? 5 weeks LMP!
  • Weight gain/loss: up to 148 :(
  • Maternity clothes: none yet. Just trying to hold in my fatty bloat.
  • Stretch marks: nope.
  • Sleep: I'm pretty fatigued all day, but sometimes have a bit of insomnia. I have taken a nap or two, which is unusual for me.
  • Best moment this week: I knew one of my best friends was pregnant... she found out the day after I did. I finally told her I was, too! So now we talk every single day and compare symptoms. I'm so glad we have each other to go through this with.
  • Movement: just my gut getting fatter
  • Food cravings: last week all I wanted to eat was hamburgers. This week, all I want to eat are oysters. No big aversions yet.
  • Gender: I haven't really thought about that yet. I'm still just trying not to be so attached, because I'm so afraid something is going to happen. I did, however, accidentally refer to the baby as him and his in convo w/ DH.
  • Labor signs: um, no!
  • Belly button in or out: In. Belly button ring-- coming out. I'm 25... too old for that!
  • What I miss? cigarettes. I'm not gonna lie!
  • What I am looking forward to: My first appointment on the 4th. God, I need a countdown ticker!
  • Weekly Wisdom: try not to get on The Bump anymore. Stick to talking to my Nestie's on ML. It's so scary at this point to read all the horror, sad stories on the Bump. Talk about paranoia!
  • Milestones: other than the sense of smell... not much!

I might go ahead and get my hcg tested this week. I want to make sure everything's okay... I just can't keep my mind at ease. I'm still thinking about it, because I don't want to panic if the numbers aren't where I wanted them. At the same time, ignorance is not bliss during pregnancy. Everything seems to be fine, so that's the only reason I'd hold off. I feel like if I am actually a week or so behind the actual EDD, I might want to wait until the 6 week mark. Does that make sense? Ugh... I'll figure it out! I'm just ready to REALLY feel pregnant!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I didn't start feeling pregnant until a couple of days ago and I am 7 weeks now. I was worried at first too about having too little symptoms. The main thing for me is gagging. But it makes me feel like something is actually inside of me causing it. Don't worry, I am sure as your hcg and estrogen increases, your symptoms will to!