Friday, June 18, 2010

32 weeks almost!

Hey Everyone!

Can I just tell you how huge I am? I cannot take ONE more comment about how big I am. No I am not going to pop. Yes, I really do have 8 more weeks to go. I don't care that your wife wasn't as big as me. I've put on a ton of weight, I'm even embarrassed to tell you all! He's worth it though and I'll just have to work extra hard to work it off. Or take extra Adderall after I'm finished nursing. Just kidding! 
Here's a 32 week picture!

I had my first baby shower! Everything was so beautiful and turned out nicely. This shower had around 30 guests, and still, several friends did not show. It was fine though, because it took me around 2 hours to get the gifts finished. I could bathe all those poor animals in the oil spill twice with all the bubble bath, lotions, and creams I got. I'm a little surprised that I didn't get too many clothing items. I got tons of bibs, plenty of toys, lots of wipes, and not a ton of diapers to my surprise. Several things from my registry, including pack-n-play, bathtub (PUJ tub that I'm too excited about!), stroller frame, car seat, base, and over 400 dollars in gift cards.
The cake was homemade by cousin. She just does it for fun, and she's great! The cake was SO good. I watched her make it the night before, like it was, um, a piece of cake. The diaper cake is super cute, too! Here's a shower pic:




SO! We finally put the crib together. We also finally picked out some bedding. It's nothing special and I got it for 80 dollars. Shocker, after I was looking at spending around 3-400?? WTH was I thinking? Anyway, it's just green, brown, and yellow dots and stripes with some larger circles. I still have a long way to go in the nursery. I plan on driving 3 hours to Ikea for the dresser. Yikes! Anyway, I'll update once I have some progress there.

I'm having a smaller shower again with about 12 of my small group ladies this Wednesday. That's also DH's birthday. I'm sending him to Harry Potter World at Orlando Studios. He'll be gone for 4 days, so hopefully, I can make some progress! I hope nothing crazy happens while he's gone! 

The doctors are happy that I've made it to 32 weeks (Saturday will be 32)! Dr. Chang said he'd be happy if I could stay pregnant between 28-32 weeks. Shocking, I know! I'm just happy that so far, I can be of some encouragement for women with uterine didelphys. So far, so good. I have another appointment Monday, unfortunately, no more u/s until 36 weeks.

I can't believe we might have an outside baby in 8 weeks or less. OR LESS! 



How far along? Seems like I update only every 3 weeks, lol. Next time I update, if I'm as slack as usual, I could be 35 weeks! Anyway, I'm 31 weeks and 5 days.
How big is baby? He's still a squash.
Weight gain? I'm huge.
Maternity clothes? hardly fitting. I'm picking out enough dresses to work in and rotate them. The salon has been so hot, like 80 degrees inside or worse. It's 100 outside everyday with horrid humidity. I've started swelling by late in the evening. Sucks! I had to buy a pair of BORN shoes. Omg. Born.
Stretch marks? nope! knock on wood
Sleep? painful trying to position the belly just right.
Best moment this week? My baby shower!
Movement? He's mostly kicking around my belly button, and doctor still thinks he's head down. Now, he's in the ribs again. I saw him hiccup finally!Food cravings? pineapple, watermelon, or strawberries, please!Gender? Team blue!Labor signs? None! Please stay away labor signs!Belly button in or out? It's just flat.What I miss? being attractive. Not having a double chin?
What I am looking forward to? deciding on a name! still the big question.
Weekly wisdom? You need up to 3 sizes of maternity clothes. Milestones?  Getting a start on the nursery?ecided on bedding! Now, if I can only decide on what I want to decorate the room in. sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll make you feel better. I've already gained 30 pounds. I'm with you on the comments. YES. I'm big, duh, I do own a mirror.

Grrrr.