Thursday, April 9, 2009

Holy Busy!

I haven't updated in quite some time! I just want to make it short, if that's possible :)

DH had a diverticulitis attack yesterday. I'm not sure if this means he'll have another surgery or not. He's going to see a new surgeon, as we weren't pleased with the one who did his surgery last year. I'm waiting on the referral to go through. Who knows when he'll feel good enough to go back to work. I don't want him to feel bad, but you have no idea how hard it is to try to take care of this man. Hopefully, the antibiotics will clear the infection up (same thing we had last time, but it resulted in surgery) before he has to have another surgery. He freaks out over stuff like that, so it's difficult.

On the other hand, I am starting Chantix today! I've been a smoker for 9 years now. I started in high school and just smoke a bit here and there. I smoke almost a pack a day now. I hope I can post a blog about being smoke free in a few weeks! I'm looking forward to it!

TTC is obviously, pushed to the back burner because of all of this. I want us both to be as healthy as possible, before we get started. We were never very "hardcore" about it before, but we just don't try to prevent it. I'm sure that's the way we'll be until we're both healthy.

Our dogs are doing okay; Gabby is still hanging in there. Her eye has gotten a lot worse in the last week, but she doesn't seem to be in pain. I'm going to take her to the vet soon and just let them look at it again. Duce needs to be neutered, but I have to find the time!

Last week was insane! Things were not going very well for some of my coworkers last week, so that made my life stressful. We are under new ownership and management, and there was so much tension. My best friend's baby shower was last week, as well as a good friend's funeral. I think I cried last week more than I have in a while. I was off for the shower and funeral Saturday, but worked Sunday. I was finally able to destress Monday, when I had the day to myself.

I skipped my ladie's bible study last night, because DH is feeling so bad. I miss the girls already! I was still pretty productive yesterday. I hung some panels in our office and I will post pics later. I have to run out and purchase one more panel to complete the look.

Anyway, I hope the rest of you are doing well!

1 comment:

JoeyPNut said...

Hey girl! Where have you been? Hope everything is going well. P.s. I just finished all of the Twilight series, you'll have to let me know how you liked them!