Monday, March 16, 2009

Excited!

I'm on the lookout for new friends who aren't so toxic. I got bummed out this week, as I realized so much has changed within my friendships. My absolute best friend moved, so we still talk but not as often. My other bff is pregnant and depressed. She won't talk to anyone hardly. I hope she comes around after she has the baby. I've been hanging out with some other friends whose interests are not the same as mine. I realized just how toxic some of them are. I knew they did a few things I don't approve of, but I didn't want to seem judgmental or something. Two of us are married, but one is unfaithful. She led me to believe she and her H had smoothed things over. Apparently, that's not the case. The other one just does a lot of things I don't want to be around. Long story short, by hanging with them I've been in situations I would rather not be in. I haven't done anything wrong, myself, yet I still don't want to be in those situations. I've been close with these people for YEARS, but I just can't do it anymore.

So, I've been feeling down about letting some friends go and how to go about it. Of course, there is the worry about finding friends who share common interests, without me being bored. I've also been disappointed in my lack of church going, but it's difficult when DH and I are both so lazy.

Long story short, I'm excited that I have been invited to a women's group that meets at a coffee shop during the week. I am looking forward to building healthier relationships with women who have the same interests as me. The plus side... 2 of the girls are friends of mine already and not in their 50's, lol. The last and only group I attended, consisted of 7 or 8 60+ women. It was entertaining the one time I went, but not for me.

Anyway, I'll update after my class Wednesday!

On the TTC note, I'm waiting to O.

3 comments:

Mrs. Pink Pearls said...

One of Johns best friends were married. They knew each other 2 months and got married at the courthouse. Needless to say she ran around on him and he was mean to her. They always invited us to do things and we just didnt want to get involved. Now they are divorced. We just didnt want to get involved with the negativity. I think you made a good decision!

Mrs. Pink Pearls said...

Oh man I posted a comment and it didnt stay. Long story short we were in your position at one point and I think you made a good decision to meet new people!

JoeyPNut said...

It is hard to make good friends it seems. A lot of my friends eiher moved, or we don't have much in common, so we slowly drift apart. It's hard to lose friends when you feel like you don't have many left, but if sounds like that is a good decision for you to make. Keep us posted on the group. FWIW... most of my friends right now are 40+, seeing as they are the majority of the teachers I worked with for more than a year. They say I keep them young.